struts-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: Actions & Validation
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2007 11:23:55 GMT
stanlick@gmail.com wrote:
> I want to leverage the validation support via XML file and my actions are
> POJOs that do not extend ActionSupport.  How do I determine from within my
> action if the validation failed?  My POJO actions have specific method
> names
> that are being requested via wildcard mappings and therefore may not
> contain
> framework methods such as execute() or input().

Generally, if validation fails, control will never pass into your
action, so you wont have an opportunity to 'determine from within my
action if the validation failed.'

You'll need to post relevant parts of your code and configuration, and
describe what you think should be happening vs. what you see happening.
With that, someone may be able to see what you're either doing wrong or
expecting wrong.

L.