struts-user mailing list archives

From <Amit_Wad...@Dell.com>
Subject RE: Error Starting on Tomcat
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 13:33:58 GMT
Oops, I am sorry about retaining the subject of the previous person.
This is a new issue for a new user.

-----Original Message-----
From: Wadhwa, Amit
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2007 7:03 PM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: Error Starting on Tomcat

 Hi,

I am developing a form action using Struts 1.2.4 and am facing a
peculiar problem with struts, not sure if my action tag in the
struts-config.xml is the issue..

- I used the struts-examples validator application without problems -
which leads me to believe that my tomcat/struts installation is fine.
- Here is an excerpt from my struts-config.xml

	under form-beans:
	<form-bean name="choosejvformbean"
type="fpa.jv.add.ChooseJVTypeForm"/>
		the form-bean is fpa.jv.add.ChooseJVTypeForm and
compiles correctly. Am also attaching it (not sure if attachments go
through on this list)

	under actions:

	1. to be able to navigate to page1 using /ChooseJVType.do
		<action path="/ChooseJVType"
forward="/pages/ChooseJournalType.jsp" />
	2. to capture the form-action
		<action path="/form-action-choosejv"
type="fpa.jv.add.ChooseJVTypeAction"  name="chooseJVform"
scope="request" validate="true" input = "/ChooseJVType" >
			<forward name="ACTION-CANCEL"
path="/action-home.do"/>
			<forward name="ACTION-SUCCESS"
path="/action-home.do"/>
		</action>
		<action path="/action-home" forward="/pages/Home.jsp" />
(to take the request to the home page)

	3. The /pages/ChooseJournalType.jsp itself has the following:

		- 1 submit button ( <html:submit> )
		- 1 cancel button ( <html:cancel> )

Here is the issue:

All navigation etc. seems to be ok but..

When I hit cancel:
1. The isCancelled method action is not invoked.
(if(isCancelled(request) blah blah ) 2. The Validation comes into play -
why should that happen when I am clicking cancel..

When I hit the Save (submit) button:
The form fields in the bean don't get populated.  Tried using a
System.out.print in the setter method, but it returns null. (This used
to work when I initially did the page, but suddenly stopped working..)

I am stumped... And this is my first attempt at struts.

Any assistance on this will be appreciated.

Regards,
Amit