struts-user mailing list archives

From "Smyth, Colm" <csm...@paddypower.com>
Subject RE: Postback forms not working with my tiles configuration
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2007 12:20:07 GMT
Hi Niall,

That solved the problem thanks for your help

Best regards, Colm

-----Original Message-----
From: Niall Pemberton [mailto:niall.pemberton@gmail.com]
Sent: 16 February 2007 13:10
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Postback forms not working with my tiles configuration

Struts 1.3.x introduced the ComposaleRequestProcessor based on Commons
Chain - Post Back forms were only implemented as a Command used by the
ComposaleRequestProcessor and not in the original
RequestProcessor/TilesRequestProcessor flavours. You are specifying
using the TilesRequestProcessor in your struts-config.xml (using the
processorClass in the <controller> element). You need to remove that
and specify the tiles "chain" config instead.

Take a look at the 1.2 --> 1.3 upgrade notes on how to do this:

  http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsUpgradeNotes12to13

Niall

On 2/16/07, Smyth, Colm <csmyth@paddypower.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm having problems using Postback forms with my tiles configuration.
I am using the html-form.jsp from the examples as my postback form. This
is working fine when run from within the examples jar however it fail
with the shown below error when placed inside my own struts-config.

> I have seen a related issue in the Struts JIRA
>
> https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/STR-2935
>
> and have applied the changes to my chain-config.xml
>
> Here are the relevant entries in the struts-config
>
> <form-bean name="testbean" type="com.TestBean"/>
>
> <action path="/html-form" forward="/pages/jsp/html-form.jsp"
name="testbean" scope="session" validate="false"/>

> <controller inputForward="true" nocache="true"
processorClass="org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor"
bufferSize="4096" />

> <plug-in className="org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesPlugin">
>         <set-property property="definitions-config"
>         value="/WEB-INF/tiles-defs.xml"/>
>         <set-property property="moduleAware" value="true" />
>         <set-property property="definitions-parser-validate"
value="true" />
> </plug-in>
>
> And in the web.xml I start struts with the following
>
> <servlet>
> <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>

>         <init-param>
>                 <param-name>config</param-name>
>                 <param-value>/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml</param-value>
>         </init-param>
>         <init-param>
>                 <param-name>chainConfig</param-name>
>                 <param-value>path to altered chain
config</param-value>
>         </init-param>
>         <load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup>
> </servlet>
>

> Could anybody help me out here?
>
> Best regards, Colm
>

> org.apache.jasper.JasperException
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServle
tWrapper.java:512)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.ja
va:395)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
>  org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
>  javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.doForward(RequestProcessor.jav
a:1054)
org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.doForward(TilesRequestProc
essor.java:292)
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.internalModuleRelativeForward(
RequestProcessor.java:998)
org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.internalModuleRelativeForw
ard(TilesRequestProcessor.java:371)
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processForward(RequestProcesso
r.java:548)
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:
209)
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1858)
>  org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:446)
>  javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
>  javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
com.paddypower.ams.servlet.filter.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.jav
a:108)
com.paddypower.ams.utils.HibernateFilter.doFilter(HibernateFilter.java:2
5)
com.paddypower.ams.portal.filter.SessionFilter.doFilter(SessionFilter.ja
va:78)

> root cause
> java.lang.NullPointerException

org.apache.struts.taglib.TagUtils.getActionMappingName(TagUtils.java:571
)
>  org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.lookup(FormTag.java:773)
>  org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.doStartTag(FormTag.java:417)

org.apache.jsp.pages.jsp.html_002dform_jsp._jspx_meth_html_form_0(html_0
02dform_jsp.java:260)

org.apache.jsp.pages.jsp.html_002dform_jsp._jspService(html_002dform_jsp
.java:168)
>  org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
>  javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.ja
va:334)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
>  org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
>  javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.doForward(RequestProcessor.jav
a:1054)

org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.doForward(TilesRequestProc
essor.java:292)

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.internalModuleRelativeForward(
RequestProcessor.java:998)

org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.internalModuleRelativeForw
ard(TilesRequestProcessor.java:371)

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processForward(RequestProcesso
r.java:548)

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:
209)

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1858)
>  org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:446)
>  javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
>  javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

com.paddypower.ams.servlet.filter.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.jav
a:108)

com.paddypower.ams.utils.HibernateFilter.doFilter(HibernateFilter.java:2
5)

com.paddypower.ams.portal.filter.SessionFilter.doFilter(SessionFilter.ja
va:78)

> Privileged, confidential and/or copyright information may be contained
in this communication. This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended addressee, you
may not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use this e-mail or any part
of it in any way whatsoever. To do so is prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you have received this email in error
> please notify the sender immediately.
>
> Paddy Power PLC may monitor the content of e-mail sent and received
for the purpose of ensuring compliance with its policies and procedures.