struts-user mailing list archives

From "Givler, Eric" <egiv...@state.pa.us>
Subject Struts 1.x Edit Button Dispatching
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 17:10:39 GMT
I have a multi-record display grid and I want the user to be able to click a button to Edit
a record.  Since the page also handles Loading the records, and navigation to two other places,
I was using the EventDispatchAction.

I tried mapping: event_edit{?}=Edit, but the Edit method is never invoked.  It appears that
the getMethodName in eventActionDispatcher must match a request parameter exactly.  I thought
from reading somewhere that Struts allowed Wildcards in Parameter entries, but I guess this
doesn't apply in this case.

I cannot use Javascript to perform the function of supplying a hidden id# to a hidden field
because the form must work both with or without JS enabled.

If I make my default action something that can handle these edits, how can some calling struts
action invoke a forward, and pass a parameter to invoke the current default method, which
is "loadDueReports"?  (that is, the default=loadDueReports exists now and I'd need something
to differentiate it so it would dispatch correctly).

Does anyone have pointers on how this could be done with a button?

Thanks!  [I'm using Struts 1.3.5]