struts-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel Amadei" <daniel.cicero.ama...@gmail.com>
Subject problem working with the Spring plugin with Struts 2.0.3+
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 00:10:32 GMT
Hi All,

I'm getting the following exception when using Struts 2.0.3+ (tested with
0.4 and 0.5). Looking at the XWork source code I could see this is being
caused because the Spring Application Context is not being set, so it is
null.

Does anybody knows how to fix this as my code used to work with release
2.0.1???

Tks,
Daniel C. Amadei
*

java.lang.NullPointerException
*

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.spring.SpringObjectFactory.getClassInstance(*
SpringObjectFactory.java:188*)

at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.verifyResultType
(*XmlConfigurationProvider.java:433*)

at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.addResultTypes
(*XmlConfigurationProvider.java:404*)

at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.addPackage
(*XmlConfigurationProvider.java:362*)

at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.loadPackages
(*XmlConfigurationProvider.java:239*)

at org.apache.struts2.config.StrutsXmlConfigurationProvider.loadPackages(*
StrutsXmlConfigurationProvider.java:111*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.impl.DefaultConfiguration.reload(*
DefaultConfiguration.java:151*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.ConfigurationManager.getConfiguration(*
ConfigurationManager.java:52*)

at org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.init_PreloadConfiguration(*
Dispatcher.java:394*)

at org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.init(*Dispatcher.java:450*)

at org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.init(*
FilterDispatcher.java:201*)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.getFilter(*
ApplicationFilterConfig.java:223*)
<user@struts.apache.org>