struts-user mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: Struts action call in a JS method returns blank page
Date Sun, 11 Feb 2007 15:14:42 GMT
Christopher Loschen wrote:
> I'm suspicious of some code elsewhere on the page that reloads the entire page -- I don't
have it in front of me right now, but it goes something like:

Woah, are you saying the form your trying to work with was dynamically
inserted into the page via innerHTML?  If so, the problem you may be
encountering is that content inserted with innerHTML isn't necessarily
added to the DOM at all.  I've frankly never spent the time to determine
the pattern, but I know there are some instances, in one browser or
another, where the DOM isn't updated, and other times it is.  I
typically just avoid using innerHTML to insert anything I know I'm going
to want to access later :

Frank