struts-user mailing list archives

From Dale Newfield <D...@Newfield.org>
Subject Re: General question
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 19:50:00 GMT
Maya menon wrote:
> My question is: if users try to open another window and do
> simultaneous tasks, how can I avoid same user from working in two or
> more different windows in a Struts based j2ee application ?

If your worry is that someone might submit changes to an object that has
  changed since the generation of the form (and therefore overwrite
previous changes), maybe a simple solution would be a "version" column
in your table, only persisting submitted changes where the version still
matches what's in the DB.

You don't need to use hibernate to do this, but here's their take on
this:
http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/v3/reference/en/html/mapping.html#mapping-declaration-version

-Dale