struts-user mailing list archives

From "C. Adams" <li...@the-adams-family.net>
Subject client side validation on included form
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 15:42:24 GMT
I have a form that I access via an action on an ajax-ish page. (Form and
results are on same page) It's working great, but I can't figure out the
validation.

The page looks like this now:

<s:div theme="ajax" href="PersonByAge_input.action" executeScripts="true" />
<s:div id="resultBox" theme="ajax"  />

with the form looking like this:

<s:form action="PersonByAge" theme="css_xhtml" validate="true">
    Between<br/>
    <s:textfield  name="startYear"  label="Years" labelposition="top"  />
    <s:textfield name="endYear" label="Years" labelposition="top" />
    <s:submit value="Find People" theme="ajax" targets="resultBox"/>
</s:form>

With validation false, it works great.

With validation true, I get an error "ReferenceError:
validateForm_PersonByAge is not defined" and when I look in the generated
source, there are no javascript validation methods in the source.

but if I access the PersonByAge_input.action directly, the validation
methods are there in the source.

Have I hit a "not quite ready" area of the ajax theme?

Thanks.