struts-user mailing list archives

From "Joe Germuska" <...@germuska.com>
Subject Re: jsessionid appended to URL and page not found`
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 18:38:40 GMT
What is handling the basic HTTP service for your application?  If it is not
a servlet container, but rather an HTTP server which proxies certain
requests to a servlet container, then there is probably just a configuration
problem.

The scenario you describe is standard.  A Servlet Container (or maybe it's
the JSP engine) is supposed to encode the session ID in URLs unless it knows
that the client accepts cookies, which it can only know if the client
already presented a cookie with a session ID in it (as on reload or later
clicks through the application.)

If you don't have an HTTP proxy in the middle, then what servlet container
are you using?  I do local development with Tomcat and have for years with
it being the HTTP server, and have never had this problem.

joe