struts-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew Martin" <Andrew.Mar...@ictu.nl>
Subject Ideal solution to pagination (long lists)?
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 09:41:54 GMT
I am interested to know the ‘best’ practice for navigating through long lists. At the moment
we have implemented Struts-layout for this purpose. Our implementation currently retrieves
the full dataset and uses Struts-layout sorting and navigation pager options to navigate through
the results. However the drawback of this approach is in performance as our application will
contain long lists.

I have read many articles and browsed many forums but haven’t yet been able to find a ‘best
practice’ or ideal approach.

Andrew