struts-user mailing list archives

From "Dave Newton" <DNew...@hibbertgroup.com>
Subject [OT] RE: That doesn't work ...
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 14:51:43 GMT
From: Christopher Schultz [mailto:chris@christopherschultz.net]
> If you were interested in answering the question, you should have
> asked for more information. Instead, you called the OT an idiot.

Actually, I suggested the poster to encapsulate the question and provide
enough information to allow people to answer it without having to
investigate further than the post, which in this case would have been
trivial.

It is a rare occasion that I will call people names and I take umbrage
at the suggestion that that is what I did, because clearly, I didn't.

I'd also suggest that telling a poster that providing more information
is more likely to lead to an answer is an implicit request for more
information, which seems obvious to me.

> If you aren't interested in answering the question, then don't bother
> posting.

... Hrm.

Dave