struts-user mailing list archives

From "Bolutiwi, Olu" <Olu.Bolut...@DCA.GSI.GOV.UK>
Subject RE: html:select and sorting
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2007 09:16:33 GMT
Thanks much appreciated

-----Original Message-----
From: Puneet Lakhina [mailto:puneet.lakhina@gmail.com]
Sent: 04 January 2007 19:47
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: html:select and sorting

On 1/4/07, Bolutiwi, Olu <Olu.Bolutiwi@dca.gsi.gov.uk> wrote:

> Hi all, I have the same issue.
>
> I am selecting a list of town names and ids from the database (sorted
> by town name) and adding them to a TreeMap  or HashMap.  TreeMap sorts

> by key (in this case its my ids from the database) and HashMap messes
> up the sort order.
>
> How can I use a collection that supports key & value, keep it sorted
> and use it in my html:select without messing up the sort order.

I suppose you are looking for LinkedHashMap
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/util/LinkedHashMap.html
It keeps the keys in the order in which they were inserted in the map
that should keep you database ordering intact.

hope it helps

> Cheers

Puneet

[...]

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by Government Secure Intranet (GSi)  virus