struts-user mailing list archives

From Tom Schneider <schne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [s2] Finding a URL of an Action within execute()
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2007 04:36:21 GMT
Take a look at ServletActionRedirectResult, something like this might do it:

    @Inject
    public void setActionMapper(ActionMapper mapper) {
        this.actionMapper = mapper;
    }

to inject the action mapper.  I've coined the phrase 'magic injector' to
describe this.  Then

  String uri = actionMapper.getUriFromActionMapping(new
ActionMapping(actionName, namespace, method, null))

to get the URI, then

    String url = UrlHelper.buildParametersString(requestParameters, uri,
"&");

to build the actual url string.  That's the gist of it, you should be
able to getting something up and running from this.
Tom