struts-user mailing list archives

From "Joe Germuska" <...@germuska.com>
Subject Re: [Struts 2] Database access
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2007 12:15:21 GMT
This example is for Struts 1.x, not Struts 2.

Struts 2 provides no direct support for managing database connections,
although one could achieve something like this rather readily using Spring,
or probably with any other ObjectFactory.

Here's a tutorial which gets much more involved than your basic request, but
which might help.  Note that since the tutorial uses Hibernate, it isn't
exactly what you asked for, but it also demonstrates using Spring to
instantiate a Datasource, and then you could have Spring also instantiate
your Action Classes and "inject" the datasource dependency into them.

http://cwiki.apache.org/S2WIKI/struts-2-spring-2-jpa-ajax.html

Let me issue the standard disclaimer that if you are doing a lot of database
work in your Action classes, you may want to consider refactoring anyway.

Joe