struts-user mailing list archives

From "bob" <tomfr...@excite.com>
Subject RE: [s2] Finding a URL of an Action within execute()
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2007 01:07:08 GMT

This is surely not the best way . . . but you can implement one of the Aware interfaces that
gives you a reference to the ServletRequest and get the URL info from that, from there I assume
you could probably build the action specific url.  But I'm also sure there must be access
to the struts mappings so maybe someone can tell you how to get that.

 --- On Tue 01/30, Eric Rank < ericrank@lo-fi.net > wrote:
From: Eric Rank [mailto: ericrank@lo-fi.net]
To: user@struts.apache.org
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 16:56:21 -0700
Subject: [s2] Finding a URL of an Action within execute()

Hi List,I'm attempting to construct a URL within an action's execute code.  The URL will be
sent out in an email, serving as a link for a user to  click on. It'd be great if I could
do this by finding the URL of an  Action using the Action name, which I have defined in the
struts.xml  file.Is it possible? What's the best way to do it?Thanks,Eric Rank---------------------------------------------------------------------To