struts-user mailing list archives

From "Robert Harrison" <rha...@gmail.com>
Subject Send Post/Read Post
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 21:16:53 GMT
Hello,
I posted a similar question in another forum a few weeks ago but didn't get
an answer that worked.

I'm posting information to an off-site server. That server posts back to me
(key/value pairs). I need to read the posted pairs and choose a forward
based on their values. I've tried two basic scenarios:

1.  One Action Class,   the inputStream = the jsp page used by the action.
This would mimic examples given using servlets in non-Struts applications?

2.  Two Action Classes, post from action "A", off-site posts back to action
"B".
Off-site post is correctly found in the action B request. But, the first
action (A) never gives up control. View returns to whatever A is mapped to.
If return = null, page is blank. If return points to action B, action B is
hit twice, first from off-site and second from action A (wiping out off-site
data).

My question is, how do I (or can I) transfer control to action B?

Thanks,
Bob