struts-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: request values between actions
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2006 20:22:43 GMT
fea jabi wrote:
> Have a Customer.jsp
>

> For this jsp, have a prepare action and dispatch action.
>
> In prepare action doing some process and creating an obj called Customer
> object.
>

> In this Customer JSP, have a table which displays some rows.
> One of the columns data i.e orderID is a link. On clicking it
> navigates to another page, orders.jsp
>
> Want to set the customer obj created in prepare action to request which
> is needed in orders.jsp

You can't pass something from the customer.jsp's prepare action to
orders.jsp through the request, since they'll be served in two separate
requests. It sounds like what you need it to either (a) store the
customer object in the session or (b) include its ID as a URL parameter
in the link to orders.jsp, then have a prepare action for orders.jsp
that re-loads the customer object.

> how to do this? using tiles hence request attributes are getting lost.
> How to set the request parameter as customer obj. using JSTL.

I'm not sure what you're asking here; maybe you could post the code you
have now so we can suggest what changes you need to achieve your objective.

L.