struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jim Reynolds" <jim.jreyn...@gmail.com>
Subject Validator Framework 1.29
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2006 18:40:26 GMT
Hello,

I am having some issues with getting the messages from the validator
framework from showing. Actually, I have some old code like this:
          <logic:messagesPresent>
          </logic:messagesPresent>
that used to work, before upgrading to 1.29. I am getting this error:
"ccording to TLD or attribute directive in tag file, attribute value
does not accept any expressions" (I posted this earlier with no
response).

Then I am reading through Struts in Action book and they show this
type of error handling in the jsp page.

          <logic:messagesPresent>
             <logic:messages id="error" bean:write name="error" />
             </validator:messages>
         </validator:messagesPresent>
with a import of this tld.
uri="/tags/struts-validator" prefix="validator" %>

Anyway, now I am confused and not sure which is the best approach to
follow. Also, I cannot find the tld for struts-validator? I checked
the struts jar for a tld, but did not find one, and I checked the
commons-validator.jar and did not find it there. I don't mind using
second one from book, but where is tld?

Thanks,