struts-user mailing list archives

From "Elie Ciment" <j...@eciment.info>
Subject Re: OFF RECORD
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2006 16:49:52 GMT
Hi,

If I understand correctly, we had a similar problem once. I wanted to use
XmlHttpRequests for handling JSPs, and not text nor xml. Basically, the way
we did it was we set up Ajax code that simply called the Struts action,
which returned a full fledged JSP page, using Tiles to give it a standard
look and feel.

This was all done in the Tomcat 5.5 environment. Take out Struts, or maybe
even Tiles (although it sounds like you want Tiles or another templating
engine) to make it a bit less complicated and you've got a Tomcat container
returning JSP pages for you. You can then do whatever you'd like with it.

Hope this helps!