struts-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Help for Struts2 with JSTL
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2006 15:02:34 GMT
Hello Nagraj

If the variable is not on the ValueStack (an example of items stored in ValueStack would include
the Action instance) then use the #
so assuming StateList.id is set in Session use

<s:checkbox name="stateCheck" id="#session.StateList.id"/>

Anyone else?
prohibited.

Hi

Needed some help on struts2 for getting the id of a list i have in my sessionScope (say StateList).
This individual object in this list is State which has fields "id" and "name". I'm using the
following code to get a checkbox rendered with its id being the id of the state

<s:checkbox name="stateCheck" id="%{ StateList.id }/>

In the final HTML page i get the code as id="". Please do help me figure out how should i
get the id.

I've tried out the following with all the 3 : "$", "#", "%"
StateList.id
StateList.state.id
sessionScope.StateList.id

Kindly help,