struts-user mailing list archives

From "Tarek Nabil" <Tarek.Na...@dubaiworld.ae>
Subject RE: Parameters not being set on Action in Struts 2
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 11:36:11 GMT
Thanks Ted.

This is getting interesting. I was really surprised that it worked for you, I couldn't even
wait til the weekend is over. On my extremely slow laptop at home, I went and downloaded Tomcat
5.5.20 and Struts 2.0.1, and tried it. Surprisingly, it DOES work!

I've been trying this from the very first day inside JDeveloper. Just to eliminate the probability
that it might be the embedded OC4J that has the problem, I installed the application on a
standalone OC4J and I found that it exhibits the same behavior as the OC4J embedded inside
JDeveloper. So, I guess that means one of two things:
1- This is a bug with OC4J (more likely)
2- The code uses some non-standard feature that is not supported by OC4J (very unlikely)

Since Oracle AS 10g is our target platform, this could be a show stopper for us. It would
simply mean that if this issue can not be resolved then we can not move to WW/Struts 2.

I'm open to any suggestions on how to get to the bottom of this issue.

________________________________

From: Ted Husted [mailto:husted@apache.org]
Sent: Thu 11/30/2006 6:54 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Parameters not being set on Action in Struts 2

I dropped in the JARS from the the 2.0.1 showcase, and it seemd to
work just fine.

You might want to try deploying it on another workstation there.

-Ted.

On 11/29/06, Tarek Nabil <Tarek.Nabil@dubaiworld.ae> wrote:

> Thanks Ted.
>
> I sent the WAR file and zip file containing the source of the action to
> your email address directly.
>
> I have a couple of other questions that I'll post on another thread and
> I hope you'll help me with them, so that I can conclude my evaluation.

********************************************DISCLAIMER********************************************
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and contain privileged or copyright

information. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or use this
email
or the information contained in it for any purpose other than to notify us of the receipt
thereof.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, and delete
this
email from your system.

Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change.The sender shall not be liable for the
improper
or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication,nor for any
delay in
its receipt or damage to your system.The sender does not guarantee that this material is free
from
viruses or any other defects although due care has been taken to minimise the risk.