struts-user mailing list archives

From "Peder Larsen" <larsen.pe...@gmail.com>
Subject Struts2 and spring2 fails, adding RequestContextFilter/Listener doesnt work.
Date Fri, 22 Dec 2006 19:48:33 GMT
Hi

I've been trying for some time now to get my basic struts2 test up and
running. The problem i have is that i need to inject one UserInfo pr session
into my FooAction. I want to use spring2 for this since it has better
"scope" support than spring1.

But all my efforts (scamming through forums, beeing googly and downloading
test examples) hasn't resulted in this being fixed.
In the webwork2 docs it says that all i have to do is to add a filter to
web.xml and everything should work nicely.

I've done all detailed under "The Spring 2.0 Way" (adding the filter stuff
and the new xml bean definition (xsd)).
http://www.opensymphony.com/webwork/wikidocs/Spring%20Session%20Components%20Workarounds.html

But all i get in the logs is: "Caused by:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: No thread-bound request found: Are
you referring to request attributes outside of an
actual web request? If you are actually operating within a web request
and still receive this message,your code is probably running outside
of
DispatcherServlet/DispatcherPortlet: In this case, use
RequestContextListener or RequestContextFilter to expose the current
request."

Anyone know what i might do to fix it?

Best regards