struts-user mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <apetre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [tiles 2] Accessing items from a putList?
Date Sun, 31 Dec 2006 11:24:10 GMT
Eric Rank ha scritto:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to insert items from a putList defined in my tiles.xml
> file in a template file. The only way that I can seem to do it is by
> using the following process
>
> 1. make the putList 'List' accessible on the page with
> <tiles:useAttribute name="myPutList" />
> 2. sending that variable in to a JSTL Core taglib forEach loop
> 3. using <tiles:insertDefinition name="${putListItem}" />

I think your code is perfect, so why don't you like it?
Tiles 2 does not depend on Struts anymore, so the "best practice" is to
use the most generic tag libraries, that is JSTL.
Instead of <tiles:useAttribute> you can use <tiles:importAttribute> that
does not create a scripting variable, but only a page context attribute.
Anyway you can use all the "iterate" tags you like.

Antonio