struts-user mailing list archives

From Rick Schumeyer <rschume...@ieee.org>
Subject basic JSTL question
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2006 01:36:56 GMT
These should be easy questions, but I can't find the answers...if
someone could either answer them or point me to the right docs, I would
appreciate it.

1. What is the proper uri for the jstl core library?  According to my
JSP book it should be

<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" %>

but eclipse complains about unknown tags like <c:out>.

2. In another thread I learned that it is preferred not to use the
struts bean tags  (Or are the bean tags ok, but not the logic tags...)
Do I want to use c:out or jsp:usebean to display the contents of an
actionform?  How about a "normal" bean?

3. Can someone show me an example of using the c:out tag to display the
contents of an ActionForm?

4. Same as 3, but for a regular bean set in the action via
request.setAttribute ?

It's possible that if I fix #1, the rest will fall into place.  Thanks
for any help!