struts-user mailing list archives

From robin bajaj <robinba...@gmail.com>
Subject HELP with switching modules in Struts 1.2.x
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 17:42:05 GMT
Hi All,
I am trying to switch modules in Struts 1.2.x webapp using a global forward.

Here's the global forward

<forward name="backTOMODULE2" contextRelative="true"
path="/MODULE2/action.do" redirect="true"/>

Here's the action Mapping that wants to switch to MODULE2 when an
actionForward "toAccMain_CustomerProfilePage" is returned by
"ProcessLoyaltyPageAction"

<action path="/processLoyalty"
type="com.abc.flow.action.renewal.ProcessLoyaltyPageAction"
			   name="loyaltyForm"
			   scope="request"
			   validate="true"
			   input="viewLoyaltyPage" >

<forward name="toAccMain_CustomerProfilePage" path="/backTOMODULE2"
contextRelative="true"></forward>
         </action>

-----
Looks like, there's something wrong with my action mapping's forward.
Everytime, the above actionForward is returned by the action, my .log
file shows the following forwardconfig being processed

2006-12-07 12:19:41,788 435579 DEBUG [ExecuteThread: '9' for queue:
'default'] action.RequestProcessor -
processForwardConfig(ForwardConfig[name=toAccMain_CustomerProfilePage,path=/backTOMODULE2,redirect=false,contextRelative=true])

but nothing happens.

Browser address bar shows -
http://localhost:7001/rdas107/MODULE1/processLoyalty.do

and ends up giving "Error 404 Not found Error"

No other exception, error in the logs or server console.

Any help would be much appreciated,

regards,
robin