struts-user mailing list archives

From "Harish Kumar" <harish...@gmail.com>
Subject intermittent exception in TilesRequestProcessor
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 14:54:12 GMT
Hi,
I'm getting the below exception, but only after hot-deploying a class file
-- for example, an ActionForm-derived class. I believe the error occurs only
on pages that use the particular deployed class.
I just added the Tiles plug-in and configured the TilesRequestProcessor.
I do have a tiles-def.xml which is not being used yet except for a very
simple test page. But no one is currently working with the test page; no
other pages use any Tiles features at all. The exception seems to occur on
any page I'm running WebLogic 8.x and suspect the problem is
server-specific.

Thanks.
Harish

<[WebAppServletContext(7201182,nasWebApp,/nasWebApp)] Servlet failed with
Exception>

java.lang.NullPointerException at
org.apache.struts.tiles.definition.ComponentDefinitionsFactoryWrapper.ge<http://org.apache.struts.tiles.definition.componentdefinitionsfactorywrapper.ge/>

tDefinition(ComponentDefinitionsFactoryWrapper.java:56)

at

org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.processTilesDefinition(Til

esRequestProcessor.java:195)

at

org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(Tiles

RequestProcessor.java:317)

at

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionForward(RequestPr

ocessor.java:401)

at

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:

279)

at

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1349)

at

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:489)

at

weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.

java:263)

at

weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.

java:200)

at

weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServl

etContext.java:2390)

at

weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.

java:1959)

at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:137)

=20

=20