struts-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew Stepanenko" <andrew.stepane...@gmail.com>
Subject [s2] <s:form> and FCKeditor
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 01:39:22 GMT
Hello,

did anybody try to integrate FCKeditor (http://www.fckeditor.net/)
into a Struts2 <s:form> tag? Basically, I want to display in the
FCKeditor instance the value of my action's property and later be able
to save it to db in my action.
FCKeditor has a JSP integration pack and can be invoked in a JSP by
means of it's own tag library:
<%@ taglib uri="http://fckeditor.net/tags-fckeditor" prefix="FCK" %>

<FCK:editor id="EditorDefault"
basePath="/FCKeditor/"		imageBrowserURL="/FCKeditor/editor/filemanager/browser/default/browser.html?Type=Image&Connector=connectors/jsp/connector"
linkBrowserURL="/FCKeditor/editor/filemanager/browser/default/browser.html?Connector=connectors/jsp/connector"
flashBrowserURL="/FCKeditor/editor/filemanager/browser/default/browser.html?Type=Flash&Connector=connectors/jsp/connector"
imageUploadURL="/FCKeditor/editor/filemanager/upload/simpleuploader?Type=Image"
linkUploadURL="/FCKeditor/editor/filemanager/upload/simpleuploader?Type=File"
flashUploadURL="/FCKeditor/editor/filemanager/upload/simpleuploader?Type=Flash">
				This is some <strong>sample text</strong>. You are using <a
href="http://www.fredck.com/fckeditor/">FCKeditor</a>.
</FCK:editor>
The question is whether I need to customize struts-tags tag lib to
integrate the editor with <s:form> (and how if yes) or may be there is
a simpler way?

You help is much appreciated.

Regards,
Andrew Stepanenko

P.S. BTW, I was able to integrate FCKeditor with Struts 1 <html:form>
in my previous project. The solution there was just to set the
<FCK:editor> tag's id attribute with the name of Struts
DynaValidatorForm property, and then in the Action it was possible to
access that property's value.