struts-user mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem using LookupDispatchAction
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2006 15:03:45 GMT
On 11/24/06, Gallagher, Jim (RBoS ITD&S Dublin) <Jim.Gallagher@rbs.co.uk> wrote:

>         I've persuaded my project team to upgrade from Struts 1.1 to Struts
> 1.2.9, simply to allow use of the LookupDispatchAction. However, it's not
> working correctly for me. Have I misunderstood the requirements, or is there
> something else obvious I'm doing wrong?

First, EventDispatchAction is a *much* better choice.  Please use that instead.

http://struts.apache.org/1.2.9/api/org/apache/struts/actions/EventDispatchAction.html

(LDA does a reverse lookup from button text to property name and then
(in the key method map,) from property name to method name.  You
didn't show the .properties file, but I doubt your getKeyMethodMap
method is correct as written.  Compare it to the one in the Javadoc.)

--
Wendy