struts-user mailing list archives

From James Mitchell <james.l.mitch...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Struts 1.3.5 and Eclipse 3.2
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 22:52:39 GMT
Well, one more thing that may or may not be the reason Eclipse is
complaining.

The taglib jar file (with embedded tlds) must be on the classpath of
the project, which MyEclipse, Nitrox, and a few others (IBM RAD) will
force upon you if the jar is under WEB-INF/lib.  When I say "force",
I mean, if you drop the jar under WEB-INF/lib from the file system
(Windows Explorer, Finder, whatever), then go back to eclipse and
refresh the project, those IDEs I mentioned will see the new jar and
add it to the classpath and deployment path.

If a project truly is a "Dynamic Web Project" in the way that Web
Tools defines them, then the taglib URIs should resolve fine.

Hope that helps.

--
James Mitchell
678.910.8017