struts-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Design
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 13:22:44 GMT
A struts 1.x solution would be to include generic edit* mappingThis example employs wildcard
characters for Naming Action Classes,specifying Form Name,Forwarded pathhttp://struts.apache.org/1.2.9/userGuide/building_controller.html<!--
Generic edit* mapping implemented with <action path="/SomeName*" --><!-- Note the
use of parameters for consructing name of Action Classes e.g. EditAAction,EditBAction --><!--
Note the ability to select a specific Form based on the parameter passed in AForm, BForm --><!--
Note the capability of forwarding to specific jsp based on parameter passed in as in A.jsp,B.jsp-->
<action
    path="/edit*"
    type="org.apache.struts.webapp.example.Edit{1}Action"
    name="{1}Form"
    scope="request"
    validate="false">
    <forward
        name="failure"
        path="/mainMenu.jsp"/>
    <forward
        name="success"
        path="/{1}.jsp"/>
</action>Anyone else?Martin --This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain
confidential and privileged information for the use of the
designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that you have received
this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or
copying of it or its
contents