struts-user mailing list archives

From "Strachan, Paul" <Paul.Strac...@det.nsw.edu.au>
Subject RE: another html:link issue
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 23:48:53 GMT
You could also try define a second form and use javascript to post
parameters using onclick event...maybe something like:

<script type="text/javascript">
function submitForm2() {
self.document.Action2Form.variable.value=self.document.Action1Form.varia
ble.value;
self.document.Action2Form.submit();
}
</script>

then...

onclick="javascript:submitForm2();"> View  Loyalty Page</html:link>

-----Original Message-----
From: robin bajaj [mailto:robinbajaj@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 21 November 2006 4:46 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: another html:link issue

Hi Folks,
I am trying to have an html:link in my jsp form. This form normally
submits to action Action1.do. (<html:form action"/Action1.do">)

But when clicked upon <html:link>, I want to do 2 things :

a) call  a different action Action2.do
b) and "set the value and send" one variable (hidden parameter etc.) in
the request/session scope so that Action2.do can process it.

I have tried doing the following
-------------------
-------------------

Even though my "myForward" points to the right action ("Acton2.do") and
calls it successfully, I still cannot get to submit the "variable" with
its assigned value.

When I do request.getParameter("variable") in my Action2.do code,
I get "null" value.

How can i work around this situation? How about using paramid, paramname

attributes? I couldn't understand their correct usage from Struts 1.1
Api reference , some small snippet will be very helpful and much
appreciated.
Or Any other workarounds are most welcome .
thanks,
robin