struts-user mailing list archives

From robinbajaj <robinba...@gmail.com>
Subject how to selectively call struts validation from a form
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2006 00:24:39 GMT

Hi Folks,
My previous post's subject was not clear. So here's a re-phrase of the
problem.
--------
My loyaltyPAge.jsp has two buttons - Exit and continue.

I want the validation to occur only when "Continue" is clicked upon.
But the <html:form in the jsp points to one actionmapping
having "validate=true" - that's why the Struts validation framework
tries to validate the input fields regardless of which button is clicked.

Is there some facility provided by the Struts framework to
SKIP the validation when a specific button (Exit) is clicked
and ONLY OCCUR when another button(*Continue) is clicked . ???

I am using inbuild validation framework (validation-<modulename>.xml
and validator-rules.xml etc.) in this case,
--------
Thanks for your help,
regards,
robin.