struts-user mailing list archives

From robin bajaj <robinba...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to generate GLOBAL errors using Struts validation framework
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 17:02:46 GMT
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply.

My Desired Scenario:

a)
When the user submits the form with more than one fields left blank (or
with incorrect values), I want to show a
general (GLOBAL) message on top of the form saying

"Following shown mandatory fields were provided with incorrect values"

b) And then I want to show a field-specific error message beside each
input field that failed the validation rules.

What's the best way to handle this situation.

For part (b) I have setup my validation rules in validation.xml file,
but this .xml file requires me to provide
property="<actionform-property-name>  value for every field name that I
am trying to validate. I need to know how can I achieve part (a) ??

Thanks for your help,
robin