struts-user mailing list archives

From Lance Semmens <lance.semm...@marketpipe.com>
Subject RE: session maintenance in struts webapp
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 15:50:00 GMT
You could either do it client side in javascript
	setTimeout("confirmSessionExpire()", timeoutPeriod);

Or you could have a serverside thread and use DWR's amazing reverse ajax to push alerts to
the client(s) that are about to expire. Reverse ajax is part of DWR2.0 and is not yet production
stable but it's pretty close.

http://getahead.ltd.uk/dwr/changelog/dwr20m1

Lance.
-----Original Message-----
From: robin bajaj [mailto:robinbajaj@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2006 2:41 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: session maintenance in struts webapp

Hi Folks,
In my Struts 1.2.x based webapp, I intend to maintain a session for
every logged in user.
-- More details --
Say after 'n' seconds of inactivity I want to pop up a message
saying the session will expire in another 'm' seconds. The user can
click on 'refresh' button to get some more grace time else the session
will expire and the next time user tries to do something on the page, he
gets redirected to the 'login' page with a message - 'your last session
has expired, please login again'

I have already implemented SSL using SSLext tag-library (release 0 for
Struts 1.2.x) in my webApp. Can it help me in this case,

What other alternatives can I consider in this case,
Any tips/ideas will be much appreciated,
Regards,
robin

*** Disclaimer ***

This electronic communication is confidential and for the exclusive use of the addressee.
It may contain private and confidential information. The information, attachments and opinions
contained in this E-mail are those of its author only and do not necessarily represent those
of London Scottish Bank PLC or any other members of the London Scottish Group.

If you are not the intended addressee, you are prohibited from any disclosure, distribution
or further copying or use of this communication or the information in it or taking any action
in reliance on it. If you have received this communication in error please notify the Information
Security Manager at ISM@London-Scottish.com as soon as possible and delete the message from
all places in your computer where it is stored.

We utilise virus scanning software but we cannot guarantee the security of electronic communications
and you are advised to check any attachments for viruses. We do not accept liability for any
loss resulting from any corruption or alteration of data or importation of any virus as a
result of receiving this electronic communication.

Replies to this E-mail may be monitored for operational or business reasons. London Scottish
Bank PLC is regulated by the Financial Services Authority.