struts-user mailing list archives

From Ping Yu <ping_mil...@yahoo.com>
Subject logging initialization order
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 19:57:11 GMT
Hi, people in the list,

  I still got problems in log4j warnings.

  I didn't use digester in my application. I have my own log.jave file
and I would like to initialize my log.java file before Tomcat/struts
initializes the Digester logger.

  Right now, the log4j warning occurs immediately after the application
war file is deployed.

  Nov 9, 2006 2:35:23 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig
deployWAR
  INFO: Deploying web application archive test.war log4j:WARN No
appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.commons.digester.Digester).

  digester.jar is in my classpath and I didn't use any log4j.property
file in my application directly.

  I have the following questions:
  1) Who initializes Digester logger? Tomcat or Struts? How to get to
know?
  2) When is Digester loaded? How can I get to know? I am using
MyEclipse. Are there any ways to trace the loading of Digester logger?
  3) Since I am not using log4j or Digester directly in my application,
are there any ways that I can load my own log class before
Tomcat/Struts load Digester logger?

  This question has been bothering me for a long time. Any suggestions
would be highly appreciated!

  Ping