struts-user mailing list archives

From "Gallagher, Jim (RBoS ITD&S Dublin)" <Jim.Gallag...@rbs.co.uk>
Subject Very basic question on formbeans
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 14:11:56 GMT
Hi,

	I've designed & written a couple of struts applications up to now,
and recently the solution to a problem has caused me to wonder if I'm making
a fundamental error in the way I've been doing it.

	Up to now, when designing a jsp I've only used the formbean to
collect the information entered, rather than to pass it to the jsp in the
first place. I'm wondering whether it's a better idea to create the
formbean, populate it and use that to pass the information to the jsp? I can
see there might be some MVC benefits, but I'd be interested in other
peoples' opinions.

	Apologies if this is blindingly obvious, but I'm keen to determine
the best way of utilising struts.

                                 Regards,

                                         Jim

Jim Gallagher,
New BACS Team,
Domestic Payments,
Payments, Security & Fraud,
Royal Bank of Scotland,
Parkgate Business Park,
Parkgate Street,
Dublin 8.
RBS Depot Code: DUB

ITS: 			7-4171-7167
External:		+353-1-648 7167
Internet mail: 	jim.gallagher@rbs.co.uk

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc, Registered in Scotland No. 90312. Registered Office: 36 St
Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB

Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only. If the message is received
by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying to
it and then delete the message from your computer. Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure.
The Royal Bank of Scotland plc does not accept responsibility for changes made to this message
after it was sent.

Whilst all reasonable care has been taken to avoid the transmission of viruses, it is the
responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the onward transmission, opening or use of
this message and any attachments will not adversely affect its systems or data. No responsibility
is accepted by The Royal Bank of Scotland plc in this regard and the recipient should carry