struts-user mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: FRIDAY #2 non-MVC pages
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 14:20:01 GMT
>>When building a struts application, is it a good idea to base everything
>>on actions? For instance, let's say I'm writing an 'About Us' page or
>>'Terms Of Service'... Should I build an action to handle them, or just
>>write the JSP. My assumption is that it would be pedantic to have struts
>>handle it, but I just want to make sure that there isn't some reason I
>>don't see that I should struts-ify every page/action.

In general, I advise using actions for
everything, because you never know when you might
need to intervene in the handling.

It is a little tedious to have to deploy a new
struts-config.xml for every new page; some
judicious work with the wildcard based forwarding
can eliminate a lot of that - set something up
that automatically forwards to a JSP or a Tile
based on the pattern match.

Especially if you are exposing URLs that might
get bookmarked, you don't want to have to change
them later.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska

"The truth is that we learned from João forever to be out of tune."
	-- Caetano Veloso