struts-user mailing list archives

From "Bruno Melloni" <Bruno.Mell...@wnco.com>
Subject RE: iterating of collection of HashMapsusing logic:iterate
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2006 19:18:17 GMT
I think you need <nested:iterate> instead of <logic:iterate> in the
inner tag.  But please correct me if I'm wrong.

-----Original Message-----
From: Puneet Lakhina [mailto:puneet.lakhina@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2006 1:58 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: iterating of collection of HashMapsusing logic:iterate

On 10/13/06, Vinod Kumar <vkmatri@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
> I have hashmap with key/value but the value in this hashmap is another

> hashmap.
> How can I iterate over all the values using logic:iterate.
>
> HashMap h1 = new HashMap();
>
> String id=1;
> HashMap h2 = new HashMap();
> h2.put(id,"123");
> h2.put("key1","456");
> h2.put("key2","789");
>
> then I make entry to h1 like
>
> h1.put(id,h2) and so on...more entries added to h1.
>
> Now I want to iterate thru all the values of h1.
>
> Please note that I am interested only in values of the
> h2 and NOT the keys.

Well If you would like to avoid scriptlets(which is what is suggested in
the second mail by Pradyumna then you could simple do...

<logic:iterate name="h1Attribute" id="entry">
  <logic:iterate name="entry" property="value" id="h2Entry">
     <bean:write name="h2Entry" property=value />
  </logic:iterate>
</logic:iterate>

Thanks in advance for your help

> Vinod