struts-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: FRIDAY #1 JavaBeans/Model
Date Sat, 07 Oct 2006 14:18:40 GMT
Good Morning Martin-

I would say you're definitely on the right track
and would inquire th reasons for combiinge 2 tables into one bean

If the DB is designed so that someone built table1 and for some reason built table2 which
is basically an extension of the
attributes for table1 then your bean should include both tables
But this begs the question why split like minded attributes into 2 tables when you should
denormalise them both into 1
for architectural, performance and functional reasons

If the functional characteristics of the 2 tables are not related I would suggest using 2
separate beans

Anyone else?
Martin--
Information in this message, including attachments, is intended only for the confidential
use of the recipient(s) named
above. This message may be an Attorney-Client communication and as such is privileged and
confidential.
If you are not an intended recipient of this message, or an agent responsible for delivering
it to an intended recipient
, you are hereby notified that you have received this message in error, that any review, dissemination,
distribution,
or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the sender
immediately, delete the message, and return any hard copy print-outs.
This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information
for the use of the
designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that you have received
this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or
copying of it or its
conte