struts-user mailing list archives

From "Coelho.Joao" <Joao.Coe...@ftb.ca.gov>
Subject RE: new line char in xml
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 17:58:31 GMT
You may need to use single or back quotes within the quotes for the newline . Something like
"....'\n'...." or "...`\n`...".  But I am not sure since I am myself a newbie with struts.

-----Original Message-----
From: temp temp [mailto:miroconnect@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2006 10:53 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: new line char in xml

Here is my xml could you tell me how to put new line char?.

  Here is my xml

      <amendment-letter>
          <pop letter="
  You are requesting a one-year, no-cost extension to the period frrf of performance for agreement
number ? until  ?. \n
  Retain this document in your official grant file.
  "/>
      </amendment-letter>

Li <ampyx.li@gmail.com> wrote:  have you tried "\n"? it should work

On 10/27/06, temp temp  wrote:

>     I have some  text in xml file which I will   show in a text area to
> edit . I don't  know how to specify a new line char in xml. Currently I am
> using
 tag  instead of a new line char .Using
 works in jsp
>       but  a text area  displays them as