struts-user mailing list archives

From "Marcello Savino" <Marcello.Sav...@aldebra.com>
Subject R: UTF-8 encoding & <bean:message> tag problem
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 16:01:42 GMT

You said you pasted UTF-8 Characters in the application resource but what kind of editor are
you using ?
For Instance if you're workin' whith Eclipse you must be sure to set the utf-8 coding in the
editor properties.
HIH
Ciao, marcello

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: navin mca [mailto:navinmca@yahoo.com]
Inviato: martedì 17 ottobre 2006 16.06
A: struts user group
Oggetto: UTF-8 encoding & <bean:message> tag problem

Hi Team,

  My current project is supporting charachter encoding IS0-8859 and now we have to support
UTF-8.

  for that I had made following changes

  1) in all jsp files
  <%@page pageEncoding="UTF-8" contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8"%>

  2) in all html

  <META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">

  Now I had pasted some UTF-8 charachters in application resources file.

  But In JSP page I m getting problem where text is picking up from resource bundle.

  I m using <bean:message tag and when It picking up the UTF-8 charachter it is displaying
'?'.

  Wht should I do?

  Help me.

  I know that there should be some machanism needed to make the <bean:message tag to understand
that It has to decode the text as UTF-8.

  Do I need to save the application properties file with Encoding UTF-8?...wht else?

  Hope you undersand my problem.

  regards,
  Novin

Thanks and Regards,