struts-user mailing list archives

From "Dave Newton" <DNew...@hibbertgroup.com>
Subject RE: [Struts2] "scope" attribute for Action configuration in struts.xml file
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 12:32:05 GMT
From: S├ębastien LABEY [mailto:sebastien.labey@gmail.com]
> Yes, I understand that, but it can be useful to specify the scope of an
> action. For example, [...]

I understand what you're saying, but you were never specifying the scope of an action. You
could *use* it as that, but that wasn't its original purpose.

IIRC you can set arbitrary params on an action in the struts config via the param element
(although so far I am unable to retrieve these params within an interceptor, which is killing
me for role-based authentication: if anybody has a canonical answer for this let me know.)

Dave