struts-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin Healy" <kevin.he...@claraview.com>
Subject RE: Re: Struts 1.3.5 error
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 01:05:37 GMT
The error occurred when directly accessing the .jsp (not after an action
forwarded to the .jsp).

I also neglected to mention in my follow-up that I am not using the modules
feature (new since version 1.1) and am instead relying on backward
compatibility.

-----Original Message-----
From: Niall Pemberton [mailto:niall.pemberton@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 9:25 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List; urswagner@bluemail.ch
Subject: Re: Re: Struts 1.3.5 error

On 10/31/06, urswagner@bluemail.ch <urswagner@bluemail.ch> wrote:
> I have the error in several examples. The exception occurs as result
> of the jsp display and not when the at action execution.

Sorry, can you clarify this - I'm not sure if you mean the action
executed first and then forwarded to the jsp where the error occurred
or whether you mean you went directly to the jsp and not via an action
at all?

> Does anybody know how I can swich on the structs library log
> stamps?

This depends on the servlet container and the logging implementation
you're using. For example I use the Tomcat servlet container and
"log4j" - logging software. I drop a log4j.properties configuration
file into the webapp's "WEB-INF\classes" directory to configure  the
Struts logging.

Niall