struts-user mailing list archives

From "Puneet Lakhina" <puneet.lakh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Submitting forms with javascript in struts [*]
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 13:16:49 GMT
On 9/12/06, Andreas.Hartmann@fiducia.de <Andreas.Hartmann@fiducia.de> wrote:

> On 9/12/06, puneet.lakhina wrote:
> >>On 9/12/06, Andreas.Hartmann@fiducia.de <Andreas.Hartmann@fiducia.de>
> wrote:

> > I think you should be doing it onclick
>
> Hmm, doesn't work at all. I can't see any value in getMyvalue().
>
> > And could you please make your mail client use Re for reply to a message
> > instead of Antwort. Helps in following the thread.
>
> I have to do all the quoting manually, because I hve to use notes, which
> isn't
> able to quote at all as it is usually done in the internet. I'll do my
> best :-).

> >> This doesn't work, too - I'm getting no javascript-error :-(. I don't
> see
> >> any
> >> value in getMyvalue().

I think the reason is that the property is actually on a submit button. And
that does not get submitted as long as the the button is clicked.  Maybe you
could define a hidden variable whose value you can set in the doSubmit
function.

And also, write your anchor tag like this.
The return false is necessary to cancel the default action of the hyperlink.
--
Puneet