struts-user mailing list archives

From "David Friedman" <hum...@ix.netcom.com>
Subject RE: Retrieve Data List
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 15:21:39 GMT
What session "limitations" are you encountering?
Is this something that simply fixing the amount
of time before a session timeout would fix since
many containers support that feature?

Would you be better served saving the data in
application scope under some key and then having
a scheduler, like Quartz, periodically (every
1 or 2 hours) remove stale data?  You could then
mark data as "not stale" by updating a timestamp
in your application scoped object and having your
scheduled job check the "last access" time of
your timestamp.

Regards,
David

-----Original Message-----
From: Rokariya, Raman [mailto:Raman.Rokariya@fmr.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 9:29 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Retrieve Data List

Hi,
I am developing Web Client using Struts framework. I am facing problem
in following scenarios.
My application has a Pop Up Window which refreshes after some regular
interval (minutes). The first time when the window opens, the data which
is displayed in
Tabular Grid is fetched through the Web service Call from the Database.
Now, during subsequent refreshes of the window , I don't want to perform
the Database hit (web service call). The Data to be loaded in tabular
grid (I am using displayTag library) should be available From the Web
Server.
I have tried using the Session object. It works fine. However, we want
to avoid using the Session object due to its limitations.
I have also tried using ThreadLocal object. But during refresh of the
page, the list which was stored in ThreadLocal during first call of the
web service, is lost.
I am sure someone may have faced similar problems before, Any ideas to
solve the above problem would be helpful and appreciated.