struts-user mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <brenmcgu...@tariffenet.it>
Subject Re: removing jsessionid from the URL
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 09:03:43 GMT
sunil virmani ha scritto:
> But Is there any way to hide the jsession id attribute?

If you don't mind if the first page has the jsessionid attribute, you
have simply to enable cookies in your browser.

> It is my client  requirement or i have to handle the session
> management using cookie.

What do you mean?

> Can you provide me the link for the session mangament in struts using
> cookie?

It's everything automatic! When you call "request.getSession()", the id
of the session is decided either using jsessionid attribute in the URL,
or using the cookie value.
Anyway it's not specific to Struts, it's in all Java EE applications.
The only thing Struts-related is URL-rewriting in several Struts tags.

HTH
Antonio