struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Gordon <adam.gor...@readytalk.com>
Subject fmt:formatDate question...
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 21:43:07 GMT
Ok, so not specifically a Struts question, but anway...

I'm using the fmt:formatDate element in a JSP and it appears that when
the value of my "pattern" attribute includes "zz" (the time zone, my
full format is "hh:mm a zz") then for US time zones (e.g. PST, PDT, MST,
MDT, etc...) then the same shows up in my rendered string in the web
page.  If, however, I use a Calendar object whose time zone is say, AEDT
(Australian Eastern Daylight Time) then "GMT" is rendered instead.

It's not doing a date/time conversion because the timestamp that was
pulled from the Calendar object is what I had originally set it as and
not GMT+11, the GMT offset for AEDT.

It's not crucial that I have this since I can just remove the "zz" and
put my time zone string in its place, but I'm curious as to why it's not
inserting the right time zone.

Anyone have any ideas?  I'm running Kubuntu (dapper) and I tried setting
/etc/timezone to America/Denver and Australia/Sydney (via the control
panel) but the behavior is the same - it's really weird.

Thanks,

-adam