struts-user mailing list archives

From David Durham <ddur...@vailsys.com>
Subject Re: Mapping between a request parameter name and a Struts form property name
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 20:42:09 GMT
Andrey Falaleev wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I'd have the following question: Let's suppose I call a Struts action, which is bound
to a particular form through struts-config.xml. As far as I know, the request is being analysed
internally by Struts at the beginning, such that for each form property the corresponding
request parameter is searched by name. E.g., if there is a property 'id' in a form, the reqest
is analysed for an 'id' parameter. Am I right?

> The question is: may I specify a request parameter name for the particular form property
manually? E.g., to tell Struts that for the form property 'id' I would like to use the request
parameter 'objectId'?

I don't think this is possible in struts without serious modifications.
   Perhaps with a composable request processor, but as it stands, I
think the following method is employed:

   http://tinyurl.com/k9f69

and it basically copies based on property names.  I question the
validity of this request parameter to bean property map.  Seems easier
and reasonable to impose matching names.

-Dave