struts-user mailing list archives

From Andrey Falaleev <andreyfalal...@yahoo.de>
Subject Mapping between a request parameter name and a Struts form property name
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 12:55:11 GMT
Hello everybody,

I'd have the following question: Let's suppose I call a Struts action, which is bound to a
particular form through struts-config.xml. As far as I know, the request is being analysed
internally by Struts at the beginning, such that for each form property the corresponding
request parameter is searched by name. E.g., if there is a property 'id' in a form, the reqest
is analysed for an 'id' parameter. Am I right?

The question is: may I specify a request parameter name for the particular form property manually?
E.g., to tell Struts that for the form property 'id' I would like to use the request parameter
'objectId'?

If the above case is possible, are there any differences, whether a form is in the request
or session scope?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew

Yahoo! Messenger -  kostenlos* mit Familie und Freunden von PC zu PC telefonieren.