struts-user mailing list archives

From "Anjishnu Bandyopadhyay" <anjishn...@infosys.com>
Subject RE: Converting HTML content to PDF
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 06:00:43 GMT
Hi Frank,

I am generating the HTML page from my JavaScript file through
"document.writeln()";

I want to open this dynamically generated window in a PDF document.

With best regards,

Anjishnu.

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank W. Zammetti [mailto:fzlists@omnytex.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2006 11:22 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Converting HTML content to PDF

Hi,

Setting the content type is not sufficient to generate a PDF... are you

trying to output a PDF from an existing HTML file, or are you

dynamically generating the HTML?  You say you aren't using JSP, so I'm

thinking your either forwarding to an HTML page, or generating it in

your Action.  While there are HTML to PDF converters, I'm not sure which

if any could be called from a webapp, and even so, typically dynamically

generated PDF doesn't make a stop as HTML first, so it might help to

understand a little better what your trying to do to offer some

suggestions.  But, it is definitely more than just the content type.

Frank

Anjishnu Bandyopadhyay wrote:

> Hi all,

> I am trying to programmatically convert an HTML file to pdf
dynamically;

> by setting the content type. But, I am not being able to succeed.

> Any pointers regarding the same will be of much use.

> Please note that, I am not using a JSP here. (So that, I could be able

> to set the "content" of the "response").

> With best regards,

> Anjishnu.

solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original
message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this
e-mail or its contents to any other person and any such actions are
unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has taken every
reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any
damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You
should carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or
attachment. Infosys reserves the right to monitor and review the content
of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or
from this e-mail address may be stored on the Infosys e-mail system.

Frank W. Zammetti

Founder and Chief Software Architect

Omnytex Technologies

http://www.omnytex.com